In case of incorrect translations please contact "translate (at) mehev (dot) de" - thank you
Hamburgs biggest modelrailway in 1 gauge
A century of railway history in Hamburg on a traffic-historical model
- Opening of the model railway on October 7, 1949 in the Hamburg Museum of Hamburgische Geschichte. Since then over 68.000 presentation with more than 2,3 million visitors take place.
- The layout was constructed by our assosiation members and is still managed by them.
- Most of the scenery are handmade, i.e. overhead contact installations, signals, buildings and also many locomotives and wagons.
- The regular presentatated trains nowadays cover a distance of approx. 81mi annually. The oldest of our traction units has run more then 5.000mi.
- Beginning of the technical modernisation after the breakdown in 1994.
- More than 110 traction units are ready for operation, some more have to rebuild from AC voltage to DC voltage. The modelrailway is controled with the PC-operating system MpC from Gahler+Ringstmeier.
Regular presentation of the modelrailway:
|Monday||11 am||12 am||-||2 pm||3 pm||4 pm||-|
|Wednesday to Friday||11 am||12 am||-||2 pm||3 pm||4 pm||-|
|Saturday||11 am||12 am||-||2 pm||3 pm||4 pm||5 pm|
|Sunday and legal holiday||-||12 am||-||2 pm||3 pm||4 pm||5 pm|
- 1 gauge - scale 1:32 - 45 mm gauge exactness
- Model of the station Hamburg-Harburg and the Hamburg main freight yard
- Dimension of the hall 717yd², dimension of the layout 299yd²
- Length of the tracks 1300yd, 260 switch points
- 143 signal, therefrom 27 mechanical signals
- approx. 43.700yd of wires
- Powersupplie 24 V DC
- 115 traction units
- 60 steam engines
- 13 electric locomotives
- 26 diesel locomotives
- 4 electric railcar with 8 trailer inclusive an ICE
- 12 diesel railcar with 13 trailer
- 185 coaches
- 380 goods waggons
- ca. 30% of the trains are individual constructions
- Timetable-presentation with PC-operating system MpC from Gahler+ Ringstmeier
- Control also or parallel with:
- Automatic route control
- Button control panels similar to german SpDrS60
- Monitor control centre similar to ESTW
Press reports(only available in german)
- Hamburger Abendblatt (November 9, 2006) - Großer Bahnhof für kleine Züge
- Die Welt (November 9, 2006) - Großer Bahnhof für die Modelleisenbahn
- Hamburger Abendblatt (Dezember 9, 2013) - Harburgs Bahnhof in 1:32
- Hamburger Abendblatt (March 20, 2014) - Jenseits vom Wunderland
- BDEF-Report 4/2014 - Deutsche Eisenbahngeschichte hautnah miterleben